Getting StartedEverything You Need to Know About Counseling at RGCC
Coronavirus Update: Temporary Health Safety Measures
Due to the new variant and increase in COVID cases, the majority of our counseling is done online. In person counseling will only be considered on a case by case basis at this time. In person counseling is not guaranteed. If in person counseling is arranged, masks may be required by all involved regardless of vaccination status.
What Are My Next Steps?
Once you have decided that biblical counseling is right for you, click below on the type of counseling you want. You will be directed to our counseling application form. It is a thorough questionnaire which will take about 30-60 minutes to complete. It does not save so allow yourself time to complete the form once you begin. When you have completed the form, click “submit”. You should receive a confirmation that your application has been submitted. Once we receive your completed application, we will contact you within 2-4 business days to acknowledge receipt and talk with you about the counselor assignment and scheduling process.
What Can I Expect
Registering for Counseling
Reigning Grace Counseling Center offers several ways of obtaining help through biblical counseling and discipleship. Our counselors are available by appointment to meet in person with those in the greater Kansas City and surrounding areas. While in-person counseling is our preference, we do make some exceptions to counselees who live outside of the Kansas City metropolitan area. In these cases, we counsel using internet video conferencing.
Coronavirus – temporary health safety measures: Due to the new variant and recent increase in COVID cases, we are currently seeing most counselees online. In person counseling will only be considered on a case by case basis. In person counseling is not guaranteed.
Initial appointments last approximately 60-90 minutes. All subsequent appointments will be approximately 60 minutes weekly, continuing for approximately eight to twelve weeks. The duration of counseling is contingent on how quickly a counselee progresses and responds to discussion and homework.
Your first appointment will be scheduled after receiving your registration form. You will be called within two-five business days regarding scheduling of your initial appointment. If you don’t hear from us, please feel free to contact us yourself at ( 816) 694-1677 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reigning Grace Counseling Center counsels by appointment only.
As a protection for everyone involved, male counselees are scheduled with men, and female counselees are scheduled with women. Our counselors do not counsel with the opposite gender except in a team counseling situation. Couples, families, and small group counseling may be facilitated by a counselor of either sex.
Please ask in advance about our policy on counseling children.
Within the Counseling Session
When arriving to your counseling sessions, please come with a notebook and Bible. We suggest a study Bible to best equip you in your learning of key theological concepts. In your counseling sessions, you can expect your counselor to provide:
- In Jesus Christ, we have a great high priest who has suffered and been tempted in all things, yet He never sinned. Because of Christ, even though you may be facing every sin common to man, you can have victory. God has promised that He will not let you be tempted beyond your endurance and that He will provide a way for you to have victory in the midst of your temptation (I Corinthians 10:13, Hebrews 4:14-16).
- In Christ, we can learn how to lay aside the old selfish ways of living and put on the new ways of living in a manner worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ. We can learn to please God in every area of our lives. We can learn to live a godly life and to live in such a way that we will be increasing in our knowledge of God and our ability to relate to others. Biblical counseling will enable you to make practical changes (Ephesians, 4:20-24, Colossians 1:10).
- We can prove ourselves to be doers of God’s Word and not merely hearers of the Word. It is only in the actual practice of the Scriptures that we shall be blessed in what we do, and only then will we please the Lord (James 1:22-25, Proverbs 28:13).
Outside of the Counseling Session
Reigning Grace expects the counselee to take these actions outside of the counseling room:
- All counselees are expected to do homework as a part of the counseling process. This may require the purchase of a few resources for counseling, such as books, homework resources, etc. We suggest you expect to spend approximately $15 on the necessary resources.
- Local Church Involvement:
- In order to achieve lasting victory over the problems of life, it is vital that each person becomes established in a consistent Christian walk. The Lord has provided the local church as the discipleship center (Hebrews 10:24-25). Therefore, it is important that counseling sessions be accompanied by church attendance, participation in an individual or group Bible study, and other discipleship activities in your local church body.
- It is our desire to return the care of hurting people to the church. This is why Reigning Grace Counseling Center is invested in community outreach and why we are willing to disciple people from outside our own fellowship.
Policies at RGCC
Reigning Grace expects our counselees to uphold the following policies for the benefit of the counselee and counselor:
- Appointment & Payment Policy: We require that all appointments must be paid the day before the scheduled appointment, no later than 24 hours prior to the appointment. If payment is not made 24 hours prior to the appointment, the appointment will be considered cancelled.
- Cancellation Policy: We understand that things happen and appointments occasionally need to be rescheduled. We request a 24-hour notice of any appointment cancellations. If the cancellation is given with less than 24-hour notice, we will still require payment for that appointment on behalf of the counselor’s time.
- Contact Policy: We understand that there are times you may have a question or situation arise between scheduled appointments. Please respect your counselor by limiting emails and phone calls between visits and by understanding that delays in response may occur. Please call 911 for any emergency issues.
Reigning Grace Counseling Center believes that all health needs of the counselee should be addressed. Your counselor may recommend that you have a full or specific medical examination. If medical assistance is required, counseling will continue in conjunction with medical advice.
Reigning Grace Counseling Center is a biblical counseling and teaching ministry and should be considered a faith-based healing and teaching ministry. It is not staffed by licensed psychologists or psychiatrists and does not have the authority to prescribe medications.
Under the auspices of Reigning Grace Counseling Center, it is understood that any counselee who is taking prescribed medication of any kind should disclose that information to their counselor and should continue taking them until the prescribing doctor terminates the prescription.
If you have persistent thoughts of suicide, please call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255), contact your medical provider, or go to the nearest emergency room.
To get started at Reigning Grace Counseling Center, follow the steps below:
- Fill out the form provided by clicking below on the type of counseling page you are desiring to receive.
This form is required before your initial counseling session. There are no exceptions. Please take note of the additional policies regarding these forms at the bottom of this webpage.
Please allow 60-90 minutes to fill out the form. Please provide as much information as possible.
The form will only be saved upon submission at the end of the process.
- Once the form is submitted, a staff member at Reigning Grace will reach out to you to confirm the submission and discuss scheduling.
Please allow 1-3 business days to hear from the staff member.
Submission of the form does not guarantee immediate scheduling of the initial session.
- A staff member at Reigning Grace will reach schedule your initial appointment, or if there is a waitlist, you will be notified and called back regarding scheduling.
Please give grace regarding the scheduling process. Our counselors are seeking to help as many counselees as possible, and we receive numerous applications each week.
- Once your initial session is scheduled, you will be good to go! If you had any additional questions or concerns, please call the office at (816)694-1677 or email us at email@example.com.
Register for Individual Counseling
Register for Pre-Marital Counseling
Register for Marriage Counseling
Register for Family Counseling
Register for Domestic Abuse Counseling
Register for Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling
Register for Youth Counseling
*A $50 scheduling fee will be collected when you schedule your initial appointment. This fee is applied toward your first appointment fee. If you no-show or do not cancel your first appointment, within 24 hours, this fee is non-refundable.
*For marriage, pre-marital, and family, each individual involved in counseling will have to fill out their own separate form.
*For youth/adolescent counseling, the parents or guardians will be expected to be involved as well. Parents and guardians, please fill out your own separate forms. Please allow the youth to fill out the form on their own to the best of their ability, at most helping to write down the youth’s own answers to the relevant questions.
**If a minor is applying for counseling, the minor must fill out their own registration form as best as they can. This can look like the parent/guardian asking the minor questions from the form and recording their answers. Reigning Grace will not expect registration forms for minors that have been filled out by the minors parent or guardian.
(816) 694-1677 (Main Number)
(816) 673-6360 (Training Program)
Liberty, MO Location
28 Westwoods Dr., Suite 200
Liberty, MO 64068
Wichita, KS Location
8810 NW 10th St. N
Wichita, KS 67212
Mount Hope, KS Location
111 S Thomas St
Mount Hope, KS 67108
Burlington, KS Location
345 Main St.
New Strawn, KS 66839
Reigning Grace Counseling Center is not a licensed counseling agency, nor are its counselors psychologically or medically-trained therapists.
We are minsiters of Jesus Christ and we offer ‘pastoral’ counseling intended to bring life change through heart change.