Getting StartedEverything You Need to Know About Training
Do you have a heart for the hurting?
Are you convinced that Scripture offers sufficient comfort for soul care?
Reigning Grace Institute is a certified training facility for the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) and the International Association of Biblical Counselors (IABC).
We offer coursework to help you reach your goals:
- With instructors who are fully certified and wholly reliant on Scripture to teach the principles of HEART change for LIFE change.
- Through coursework that leads you to completion of ACBC and IABC requirements for the educational component toward certification.
- As webinars in a matter of only five weekends.
- Online at your own pace.
Whether you are a pastor concerned for the souls of your flock, or a layperson desiring to minister to those who are hurting, Reigning Grace Institute offers you biblical counseling and discipleship training that will improve your approach to those needing soul care. Our instruction centers on God’s Word. Trained counselors lead you in learning to answer questions about “common-to-man” issues and more acute situations as well. All training is biblically-centered, not just biblically-based. Our instruction equips you with wisdom in understanding God’s Word and being able to apply it to the wounds of those hurting.
Note: To enroll in the training, you must first fill out the registration form. Upon acceptance into the program, you will be given instructions on how to purchase and access the training materials.
Fundamentals coursework reviews theological topics, along with the basics of biblical counseling and methodology. In addition, specific, “common-to-man” issues like fear, and anger are addressed from a biblical perspective.
We are pleased to be one of the only counseling programs to provide our students with a theology module incorporated into the training. In addition, you can expect at least two case studies in every module, each counting toward the ten hours of observation required for certification.
Students will see how, from the very beginning, humanity has always been dependent on the Word of God, with biblical counseling being an extension of that. They will learn the Bible-based mandate for counseling and it’s focus on the heart, the Bible’s superior answers to secular thinking, the role of sanctification in counseling, as well as get a taste of the action as they are walked through the flow of a counseling session.
- The Mandate for Biblical Discipleship Counseling
- The Bible’s Superior Answers to Secular Thought
- The Context for Biblical Discipleship Counseling and the Role of the Church
- Sanctification: The Process of Growth
- Session Progression: The Flow of a Counseling Appointment
- Getting to the HEART of the Matter
Because biblical counseling finds its origin in the character of God, the theology coursework necessarily focuses on the theological necessities of biblical counseling. Students will gain an adequate view of God, self, sin, and the work of the Holy Spirit as it pertains to the counseling process. They will also learn the critical nature of grace and repentance. Finally, students will gain expertise in the use of the whole Bible, in proper context, to expertly care for people.
- An Adequate View of God for Biblical Counseling
- The Work of the Holy Spirit in Biblical Counseling
- An Adequate View of Self and Sin for Biblical Counseling
- Grace in Biblical Counseling
- Hermeneutics in Biblical Counseling
- The Critical Role of Repentance in Biblical Counseling
300-The Practice of Biblical Counseling
While there are many effective methods of counseling, the ones that produce competent counselors share several common themes. Students will learn to gather data through effective question asking and relationship building expertly. They will be taught how to give hope in the darkest of human suffering, and when necessary, given directive counseling or correction and even end a counseling relationship.
- Gathering Data and Finding the Problem
- Developing Relationship/Rapport and Giving Hope
- Effective Question Asking
- Homework That Helps
- Being Human: Understanding Trials, Suffering, and Grief
- Giving Directive Counsel and/or Ending the Relationship
400-Marriage and Family
Today’s culture has a very different understanding of marriage and family than it did in Jesus’s day. The marriage and family coursework focuses on biblical manhood, biblical womanhood, and God’s design for marriage. Students will also learn critical skills to provide competent counsel for couples and families, including training on communication, redemptive parenting, and the dangerous effects of sexual sin.
- Biblical Manhood
- Biblical Womanhood
- Marriage: A Biblical Covenant
- Biblical Communication
- Redemptive Parenting
- The Pornography Epidemic
Culture wrongly accuses the vial of no longer being valid. Students will learn that this is far from the case. They will learn about medication, collaboration with the medical community, and how it is to be an asset and not a hindrance to a counselee who struggles this way. There is also specific training on other cultural hot button items, such as depression, guilt, anxiety, and the need for forgiveness to biblically treat the whole person, body, and soul.
- Meds or Magic? What Are We Really Talking About?
- Medication Use in Biblical Counseling
- Overcoming Depression
- Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety
- Overcoming Anger
- Overcoming Guilt
- Forgiving and Forgiving
Targeted in-depth training on specific issues like domestic abuse, ADD/ADHD, and addictions.
ACBC Counseling Specializations are EXCLUSIVELY offered through our certified training centers.
Cost of Training
Each module (100-500) costs $125/person. Alumni, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to take courses at a reduced rate of $25/module. With flexible payment options and flexible teaching methods, now is a great time to begin your training. What are you waiting for?
(816) 694-1677 (Main Number)
(816) 673-6360 (Training Program)
Offices at Faith Community Church:
4214 NW Cookingham Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64164
28 Westwoods Dr., Suite 200
Liberty, MO 64068
Reigning Grace Counseling Center is not a licensed counseling agency, nor are its counselors psychologically or medically-trained therapists.
We offer ‘pastoral’ counseling intended to bring life change through heart change.